Monday, August 17, 2015

The #3DNC Plans of Andrew Stirling MacDonald

Every Labor Day, a great many authors and author-hopefuls embark on a mad quest - attempting to write a novel in three days. It's a sort of NaNoWriMo all compressed into one weekend of frantic, don't-stop-writing-no-matter-how-silly-it-gets work. I will be joining several of my friends this year, and I will be trying to write a complete short story, or perhaps novella. I recently read (and reviewed!) The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, and came away from the book very impressed with the way he made his city come to life. My goal with my novella is to make a part of my Noose world come to life in a comparable way. I have a few small ideas now, but I think I will be setting my story in the capitol city, following one main character and focusing on the part of the city in which he spends his time. I'm looking forward to the experience, and may publish the story here once I've edited the work.

No comments: